Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cable TV over wireless?

Ok, I see there alot of other simialr questions about this, but they aren't really answering my question.


What I need to know is this, if I'm on a wireless network and the router is connected to cable internet that also carries cable TV signals, can I somehow tap into the cable TV signals on my desktop PC?





I'm using a netgear wireless desktop card and the router is a linksys router.





Another thing is this, I have a PCI TV tuner card that I could put in the desktop computer. Could I receive the Cable signal on the TV tuner card, or better yet, somehow run the signal out from the tuner card and into a normal TV?





I'd like to manage this without buying anymore hardware, if that is at all possible. I can do simple wiring so if it requires some sort of special cable or something, I can probably whomp something up.





I'd like as detailed an answer as possible, and if there isn't space here for your answer, you can write to me at fraterchaos@yahoo.com with a more detailed answer.

Cable TV over wireless?
Yes, you can scam the tv signals from cable... but not from all cable companies.





Yes you can share the tv signal (analog old fashioned tv) across the wireless.





Do some research on the card you have... since I am sure it's not the same as I have! VNC is the best viewer program.





good luck.
Reply:Remember this, your wireless interface can travel up to 400 feet minimum...


Some go over 10,000 feet!





I had to take one back because it interefered with my pacemaker!! So, if you have some one down on your block and they are having chest pains, IT COULD BE FROM YOUR WIRELESS INTERFACE!!!!!!!!





Ask around your neighborhood and see if anyone has a pacemaker and if they are feeling pressure on thier chest... you may be at fault!!





I wish you well..





Jesse


No comments:

Post a Comment