Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wondering about a TV Tuner?

If I were to get a USB TV Tuner or TV Tuner card for my PC, would I have to pay for basic programming. My mom and I already have Rogers Digital Cable with their cable terminal for downstairs, and my computer upstairs is connected to the internet via Rogers High Speed Internet(cable). So if I were to get a TV tuner for the PC, and splice a perfectly clean cable connection to my computer, since modems just use the data from the cable signal. Would I have to tell Rogers that I am going to use a TV Tuner, and want basic cable for my room? Would I have to pay extra(or at all), and would the digital service be affected, and how easy is it to do such a thing? I am just thinking about it.

Wondering about a TV Tuner?
It depends on which package you have. If you are on digital basic, then the additional analog outlet would cost $6.99/mth and you would get channels 2 - 28. If you are on a digital VIP package then the extra outlet fee would be included in your package already and you would get channels 2 - 70. Either way the digital service would not be affected.
Reply:If you are linking directly from a coax cable, then you should not need to inform them. However, if you are using a cable converter box (for HDTV or equal), then you would not be able to split the cable effectively.


No comments:

Post a Comment