Thursday, August 19, 2010

Philips PF329986 Ambilight TV - will not show windows desktop.?

I have connected my PC to the prescribed TV, set the resolution of the display to 800x600@ 60HZ which the TV manual says is supported and when I boot up the PC I get the XP boot up picture with the blue bar running.


When the PC has booted up, the desktop fails to appear and the screen turns blue with the (tv generated) words " picture format not available".


I have even turned the resolution down to 480 and colour right down to 8 bit, without success.





I have tried changing the picture formats in the tv menu to no avail, as I have done with every other likely menu item.


The TV menu is of the generic type ie "High, Medium, Low" and does not allow the user to set specific settings or input commands such as "DVI port selected ON", "Signal input selected - RGB".





My video card is a Nvidia Geforce420MX, the driver is the latest one, the "tv out" setting is on and the "force tv detection at startup" is on.





Anyone got any ideas

Philips PF329986 Ambilight TV - will not show windows desktop.?
Short of buying a Sony or Panasonic, you've done just about all you can. Maybe a call to Philips tech support. I don't know. Most TVs seem to like 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz. You could try that... if you haven't already.

dental work

No comments:

Post a Comment