Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How do I hook up my TV to my surround sound receiver?

I have cable tv (no cable box). My audio went coo coo on my TV a few years ago (I have audio but extremely poor quality) I routed my cable through my VCR which was hooked up to my receiver along with my dvd player. I was able to hear great sound through the receiver. Everything has been good till my VCR died yesterday. I hooked my cable directly into my tv and hooked up my video cable to the video-in (tv) and then to the video-out (receiver). I hooked the audio cables to the audio-out (TV) and hooked the audio-in (receiver) and hooked up my speakers. I I hooked up a/v cables to the a/v out (dvd) and the a/v in (receiver). I am not getting any sound. What am I doing wrong? I noticed when I switch the receiver to fm stereo, I get sound and DVD as well. Just not thre TV. So the speakers are fine.


Is it possible to have the same hookup as before but instead of routing the cable through the VCR, could I use the DVD player routing the cable via RF modulatoc

How do I hook up my TV to my surround sound receiver?
Sound (pun intended) like you have it right but there's no or too little audio signal coming from the tv out. Check the tv audio menu and see if you can change the output to fixed. If not, try turning the tv volume up. You can't use the DVD player unless it's a recordable DVD with it's own tuner.


No comments:

Post a Comment