Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have a tv running thru my video card.wont play any media player or netflix. what to do?

card is workin good,running up to date xp. tv shows everything but media players.media player is running on monitor but on the tv evtire screen is same as monitor but player screen is black. wanted to be able to watch downloaded programs on my older 36 inch tv. video card as connected to the older tv by s-video jack.all works good but those media players.

I have a tv running thru my video card.wont play any media player or netflix. what to do?
It is because of the way the video window of the media players is drawn, not all video cards support video on the second monitor, some only in "some" modes





You can try the latest driver for your video card,





Right click on the desktop select properties, look for "extend my desktop" and try checking or unckecking that box , it may work your second monitor or tv in a different mode





When the box is checked it "extends" your desktop rather than duplicating the monitor, just drag the video window out of the monitor onto the TV





Again different cards act differently, Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment