Sunday, August 22, 2010

PC to TV - no desktop?

I am trying to get my PC to display on my Philips 32" Ambilight TV. Connected it up with the supplied TV to VGA cable connector and get the XP boot up picture with the blue bar running.


When it is time for the desktop to appear, the screen goes blue with the message "picture format not available".





I have tried the lowest resolution without result and now have it set to 800 x 600 @ 60HZ which the TV manual says is supported. Still nothing but blue screen.


After carrying the PC up and down stairs for about 20 times, changing settings using the PC monitor, I feel like throwing a brick through the piece of cr$p of a TV.


Salesman told me it was plug and play just about.





My video card is a Nvidia GeforceMX420, the tv out is enabled and the forced TV detection feature is checked as on at startup.





Anyone had the same problems or know what is going wrong?

PC to TV - no desktop?
Have you tried the TVs menu system, there may be a setting for signal input method VGA/EXT etc?

dental surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment