Sunday, August 22, 2010

Connecting DVD and TV to receiver ???

I just bought a 5.1 surround sound receiver and I'm wondering how I can connect the TV and DVD to the reciever. I know where the cables go on the TV and receiver but the problem is that I'm not sure if I can connect the DVD player to both the TV and reciever. I only have 1 red/white/yellow rca input on my tv. Is it possible for me to connect my DVD directly to my receiver without connecting it to my TV but still having the signal going to my TV ? or do I need to connect my DVD player to both the receiver and TV ??

Connecting DVD and TV to receiver ???
Run the yellow to the TV from the DVD player and don't connect the red/white





Yellow=video


Red/white=stereo sound


Orange=digital coaxial surround sound


Black square=optical surround sound





For DVD surround sound, locate the digital audio output on your DVD player. It should be an orange connector that looks like the yellow/red/white ones. You may instead have an optical out which is a square connector. Find the matching connector on your receiver.
Reply:Connect the video output (yellow) from DVD to TV video input (yellow).


Connect digital audio out from DVD to receiver.


(Don't connect the red/white audio from DVD to TV)





If the TV has audio OUT, connect it to an audio input on your receiver. That's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment